Making Brixton Better
The Town Centre Team in Brixton, south London, have taken a business support and partnership approach to bring about positive change in a gritty urban area. They recognised the need to improve the quality, safety, cleanliness and economic sustainability of their town centre and launched a package of initiatives under the 'Making Brixton Better' banner.
The initiatives include;
- Working with the Association of Town Centre Management to develop integrated partnership working
- An innovative Purple Flag pilot scheme
- Introduction of Springboard footfall counting cameras
- Brixton Explorer Map
- Windrush Square gum clear treatment
- Installation of a pop-up toilet
- Brixton Initiative (short listed for LGC Awards)
- Launch of the Brixton Pound
- Commissioning Skillsmart Retail to conduct mystery shopping exercises and street surveys
This 'ground up' approach also included the provision of local business support, training and job opportunities for residents and genuine partnership working between licensing, the police and night-time businesses. This work is on-going but the results have already been recognised in a satisfaction survey in which 64% of local people said they now feel safer walking around the town centre at night, and three new national brands have opened up on the high street.